1. When was the Renew Democracy Initiative founded?
RDI was founded in the fall of 2017 and launched publicly in April 2018.
2. Who are the leaders of RDI?
Our Board of Directors includes: Anne Applebaum, Max Boot, Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg, Richard Hurowitz (President); Garry Kasparov (Chairman); Igor Kirman, Mark Lasswell and Richard North Patterson.
3. Is RDI a self-funded organization or are you seeking donations?
RDI is planning to be a donor-funded, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
(501(c)(3) application currently pending)
4. How can those who are interested in these ideas learn more and get involved?
We are grateful for the support of individuals who share our values and want to help champion the values on which the free world was built. Please sign the manifesto and follow RDI on Twitter and Facebook. We will post relevant news and provide updates frequently, including details about how you can get involved in our projects and events. We are also publishing a collection of essays inspired by The Federalist Papers – Fight for Liberty: Defending Democracy in the Age of Trump -- in the fall of 2018.
5. What is RDI going to do with the names it collects? Will that information be shared with other organizations?
The digital signatures will be verified and used to create a database of RDI supporters who would like to be kept apprised of developments related to RDI.
6. Will you endorse specific political candidates? Who will RDI support in the mid-term elections?
Our aim is to help generate this fresh thinking, and to convene the best minds from different countries to come together for both broad and discrete projects in the service of liberty and democracy in the West and beyond.
7. How many people have signed the Freedom Manifesto?
As of April 30, 2018, more than 1,000 people have signed the RDI Manifesto.
8. How can I order an advance copy of “Fight for Liberty”?
The book is available for pre-order on Amazon.
9. How can I stay informed of RDI news?
Sign the RDI Manifesto, and follow RDI on Facebook and Twitter.